[Marxistindia] Memorandum to President of India

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Wed Dec 9 17:31:35 IST 2020

December 9, 2020

Press Release

Due to restrictions of Covid protocol, only a five-member delegation is
permitted to meet the Hon'ble President of India.

More than twenty political parties in the country have extended their
support to the ongoing historic farmers' struggles and asked for the repeal
of the retrograde Agri-Laws and the Electricity Amendment Bill.

We are releasing the text of the memorandum submitted by the five-member
delegation to the President of India for publication.

(Released from CPI(M) Central Committee office)

The Hon'ble President of India

Dear Rashtrapati ji,

More than twenty different political parties, including many parties running
state governments, have extended their solidarity with the ongoing historic
struggle of the Indian peasantry and extended wholehearted support to their
call for a Bharat Bandh yesterday, December 8, demanding the repeal of the
retrograde Agri-Laws and the Electricity Amendment Bill.

These new Agri-Laws, passed in the Parliament in an anti-democratic manner
preventing a structured discussion and voting, threaten India's food
security, destroy Indian agriculture and our farmers, lay the basis for the
abolishment of the Minimum Support Price (MSP) and mortgage Indian
agriculture and our markets to the caprices of multi-national agri-business
corporates and domestic corporates.

We urge upon you, as the custodian of the Indian Constitution, to persuade
"your government" not to be obdurate and accept the demands raised by
India's annadatas.

With regards,

Sd/-

Rahul Gandhi