[Marxistindia] Brinda Karat Writes to Delhi CP on Disturbing Incidents in North East Delhi

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Thu Sep 17 14:23:46 IST 2020

September 17, 2020

Press Release

We are herewith releasing the text of the letter addressed to the
Commissioner of Police, Delhi S.N. Srivastava, by CPI(M) Polit Bureau
Member Brinda Karat drawing his attention to some disturbing incidents
in Shiv Vihar, North East Delhi and requesting him to take appropriate
action.
The letter was sent by email today.

For CPI(M) Central Committee Office
****

Shri S.N.Srivastava,
Namaskar. This is to draw your attention to some disturbing incidents
in Shiv Vihar which could have harmful consequences. Groups of young
men have taken to roaming around in groups after dark shouting slogans
like Jai Shri Ram, Har Har Mahadev and so on. This is not connected to
any religous function. You are aware that this was the area where
minority communities were attacked, homes burnt and families were
forced to take shelter in relief camps. It is only now that they are
returning to their homes, many of which are still not repaired. In
such a situation for such processions to be  organksed without police
permission are objectionable and need to be stopped forthwith.
I have also spoken to Addl CP Shri Alok Kumar about this and sent him
the video images, which I also enclose here. You will appreciate that
those who have informed me of this may not like to approach the police
directly as they are afraid of repercussions.
Confidence building measures are an immediate requirement in the area,
towards which a first step would be to ensure such processions are
stopped.
I hope you will take appropriate action.
Your sincerely,
Brinda Karat