[Marxistindia] Reject imposition of Hindi

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Sun Sep 15 11:58:46 IST 2019

September 15, 2019

Press Statement

The Polit Bureau of the Communist Party of India (Marxist) has issued the
following statement:

Reject Imposition of Hindi

The Union Home Minister, Amit Shah's announcement that Hindi should be
treated as the national language runs contrary to the spirit of the Indian
Constitution and our country's linguistic diversity. All languages listed in
the Eight Schedule of the Constitution are national languages and must be
treated equally. Any attempt to impose any one language will lead to the
disruption of our country's unity and integrity.

The Polit Bureau of the CPI(M) strongly opposes these efforts which stem
from the RSS conception of one nation, one culture, one language.

For CPI(M) Central Committee Office