[Marxistindia] Sitaram Yechury at Protest in Thiruvananthapuram

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Fri Nov 18 13:00:57 IST 2016

https://mobile.twitter.com/pratheesh/status/799473364494524417?s=08

Speaking at the protest dharna against the withdrawal of the Rs. 500 and Rs.
1000 notes, before the Reserve Bank of India in Thiruvananthapuram today,
CPI(M) General Secretary Sitaram Yechury said that under our Constitution,
the people are supreme. The Constitution begins with "We the people". The
Prime Minister cannot decide the way people live and lead their lives. This
is unacceptable.  He warned that there will be widespread protests against
this measure.

Sitaram said that almost all state governments have suffered loss of revenue
because of this move. The CPI(M) led state governments will take the lead in
mobilizing the non-BJP state governments to jointly demand that the central
government compensate for this loss.

The day long dharna was held at the call of the Left Democratic Front.