[Marxistindia] Yechury's speech at Sivagiri

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Sat Jan 9 11:12:10 IST 2016

In the text of speech of Sitaram Yechury, General Secretary of CPI(M), at the valedictory function of the 83rd Sivagiri Pilgrimage Celebrations on January 1, 2016 at Kerala, there is some correction in a paragraph.  The para starting with "The Guru's philosophy..." should be read as below:

The Guru's philosophy spread far and wide beyond the confines of Kerala. I am told that Mahatma Gandhi came here thrice during our freedom movement.  Gurudev Rabindranath Tagore came to meet the Guru in 1922. This surely was a meeting of minds.  Tagore had by then penned the Nobel Prize winning immortal lines to awaken India: "Where the mind is without fear and the head is held high; Where knowledge is free; Where the world has not been broken up into fragments by narrow domestic walls;".