[Marxistindia] Delegation to village sunpeda

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Wed Oct 21 13:38:46 IST 2015

Subject: Delegation to village sunpeda

"It is the utter failure of the administration who,ignored the complaints of
the Dalit family because of which two innocent babies were burnt to
death.The Haryana Government gives no credence or value to the complaints if
Dalits, if it had, the children would be alive today said Brinda Karat after
meeting the victim family members. Even 36 hours later, the Chief Minister
has not bothered to visit the village nor has he deputed any senior
Minister.This is the callous attitude of the Government"

A CPI(M) delegation with Brinda Karat, Inderjeet Singh, senior Haryana State
leader and Nathu Parsad,conveyor of the Delhi DSMM and Faridabad district
leaders went to the Sunpeda village to meet the Jitender Kumar, father of
the two infants, nine months  baby girl Dibbu and her two year old brother
Vaibhav  who were burnt to death in the arson attack by the upper castes in
the village while his wife Rekha is fighting for her life in a critical
condition in hospital.

Jitender had only one question: what is the crime committed by my babies and
my wife? They came in the middle of the night and threw petrol through the
open window and burnt my family. I want justice, but the State
administration is biased against us "

The delegation met the Administration officials present, the SDM and the
ADGP. They informed that so far only four out of the 11 named in the FIR
have been arrested.
The delegation strongly condemns the criminally callous approach of the
Haryana Government and demands the immediate arrest of the accused, strong
punishment against the police officials responsible, adequate compensation,
proper treatment for Rekha, investigation to be conducted by agencies
independent of the State Government.