[Marxistindia] Setting up of Lokpal - Karat's letter to Pranab Mukherjee

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Mon Jun 6 15:03:35 IST 2011

June 6, 2011

Press Release

Shri Prakash Karat, General Secretary of CPI(M) has written to Shri Pranab Mukherjee, Finance Minister, Government of India on the setting up of a Lokpal to curb corruption at high places.  We are herewith releasing the text of the letter.

(Hari Singh Kang)

For CPI(M) Central Committee office

Dear Shri Pranab Mukherjee,

This is with reference to your letter regarding the setting up of a Lokpal to curb corruption at high places.

Our Party has definite views on the nature and scope of the Lokpal authority to be set-up.  The issues that need to be considered  are not necessarily confined to the six questions which you have posed to be answered in yes or no terms.

Therefore, we suggest that the Government  prepare a draft of the Lokpal legislation on which we will be able to give our views. You can seek our views before it is presented to Parliament. If that is not possible, then we shall certainly express our views on the draft through the Parliamentary procedures.

          With regards,

Yours sincerely

Sd/-

(Prakash Karat)