[Marxistindia] Prakash Karat on media speculation on the position of speaker

news from the cpi(m) marxistindia at cpim.org
Mon Jul 14 14:32:52 IST 2008

July 14, 2008

Press Statement

Prakash Karat, General Secretary of Communist Party of India (Marxist), has issued the following statement:

A lot of speculation is going on in the media regarding the position of the Speaker of the Lok Sabha, Comrade Somnath Chatterjee.

I have already stated that any decision will be taken by the Speaker himself.  This has been reiterated by the Speaker through a statement by his office on July 10, 2008.

We do not want the office of the Speaker being dragged into any unnecessary controversy.

 eom